Sweet Student Sentiments

Today I'm feeling overwhelmed by the kindness, appreciation and love I feel as I savor these hand-made creations from my special friends during 
Each treasured card more creative than the next. 
Pop-up cards, pocket cards, hearts, flowers, rainbows.


It's so rewarding to see our core values and SEL messages
shine through their sweet sentiments.


This one was made by our AP's third-grade daughter.


Her teacher may have mentioned that my favorite football team is the Green Bay Packers, so they decorated their cards in green and gold.


They are all going into my Smile File; I wish that I could share each and every one with you. I truly am abundantly blessed.


This next week is Random Acts of Kindness Week.
Do you have any big celebration plans?
Here are some ideas for helping raise kind kids from Dr. Michele Borba.
Our character cam spied this board out in our third-grade area.


Have you seen the Band-Aid lesson? We decided to ask one of our 4th-grade classes role play this fairness lesson at our Character Ambassadors Assembly last week, to show our students the important distinction between equality and equity. 



Can you believe there were 550 people in that room?
I was so proud of how kind and attentive our students were
and how courage Mrs. Romolo's class was to perform like this.
What's your best practice for teaching this distinction?
My favorite new book to complement this lesson is 
Fair Is Fair by Sonny Varela. Be sure to check it out.

Off now to our High School Musical. 
Happy weekend.






No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!