Finding JOY in the Journey

I've heard it said that you can tell a lot about a person, who they are and what they value, by what's on their desk. Or table, if you don't have a desk. Would it follow that the wall behind their desk also has something to say?


Today was a joyful summer day, my first away from the office on summer break. I spent the morning relaxing, then volunteering for Meals on Wheels with my friend Carol. We thoroughly enjoyed our time together visiting while we drove around delivering those eleven lunches. And smiling at people. And trying to find our way. When we finished, we treated ourselves to lunch at McAlister's. Yum!

Then I napped, chatted with some friends on the phone, read for a little while, thought about grocery shopping, decided against it for today, warmed up leftovers for dinner. Sounds like par for the course, the way my summer days will go, when I'm home, that is. So where in the world will I be this summer?

This Friday, I'm going to Menchies Pearland Parkway to celebrate their Grand Opening and my book's first birthday. We'll talk about our strengths as superpowers and there'll be a raffle for a signed copy of What's Under Your Cape? and this cool Menchie's wristwatch. Won't you join us?


Next week I'll spend three days doing my first solo Character Counts! Character Development Seminar in Somerset ISD near San Antonio. {It's not too late to register; let me know if you're interested} At the end of the month, I'm headed to Long Beach, CA, to talk about empathy, compassion, and kindness at the National Association of Elementary School Principals conference.

In July, I'm headed to the Character Congress Conference in Mexico - Ole! Then I'll also be speaking at a local church and at Mossman Elementary at the Village before the month is out.

In August, I'm flying to Dallas for a three-day CDS with Mansfield ISD before flying back to CA for a day-long Unleash the Power Within workshop on the 7th. When I return, it'll be time for our district's Tech Symposium, where I'll be joining Jen McCray, a connected educator at Cline, to present Hashtags and PLNs and TweetChats, Oh My. On the 17th, I'm going back to Mossman, then I start back to my job the following day.

When I'm not working, you can find me relaxing poolside.
Please let me know if you're in the area, 
because it would make me happy to connect in real life.

On one of my CA trips, I get to meet up with Jill, from Kids For Peace. Registration for The Great Kindness Challenge 2016 is now opened!




Here's to a joy-filled, happy summertime.




No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!