#CharacterEdChat

In honor of National School Counseling Week, our friends at Character Counts! have invited me to be their guest at Thursday night's Twitter #CharacterEdChat. See the details in the graphic below; please plan to join us.


That day, you'll find me in my new storefront serving mini 'cope'cakes to our teachers during lunch while advocating for our profession.

Libby & Fred helped make me a place to hang my shingle!

I'll be giving each staff member a bottle of water as well (with a little poem attached) and have the article Cultivate A Winning Attitude printed and available.


One of my firsties helped me put the stickers on the bottles, so we discussed the poem: Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds. Fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds. I asked her what she thought the garden represented. Who were the flowers? What were the weeds? Why a bottle of water? And she totally got it! Then she asked if she could draw a picture for the teachers. It reads: Teachers, always love your garden and take care of your children. 
Sometimes there are no more words.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my work?




No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!