If I Knew Then ...

Today I'm delighted because my monthly entry has posted at the Character Educator. Click {here} to read my musings about being a climate changer.



A big thanks to Principal Joelle Hood for permission to share 
her beautiful earth graphic!
Makes me want to sing: Here comes the sun (do do do do) ...

The end of another school year, 
such a nice chance to experience closure.
Then summer break. 
And new beginnings.
As you reflect, what did you accomplish in this year's dash
from 2013-2014? What are you most proud of? And what do you wish you could have done better?
Now think whole picture ... about your entire career ...
and take a moment to listen to ... and really hear ... the wise words that these seasoned teacher would share with their first-year selves given the chance. 


I wrote a Dear Me letter at the start of my 30th year last August. Since then, I've had my intern write one to herself and a student told me that her dad writes one to himself every New Year's Day. Such a wonderful reflection idea. 
Thanks, Edutopia and SoulPancake for this tribute to teachers.





No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!