Father's Day Footprints

With so much hustle and bustle at a school-year's end, it's easy to forget that Father's Day is just around the corner mid-June. 
So I'm guessing that dads don't get nearly as many 
teacher-inspired, kid-created gifts 
for their special day as moms might ...

At my childhood home, that wouldn't have mattered, because Dad always told us that all he wanted was good kids. 
Kids who behaved. 
Kid who believed. 
Kids who made him proud.

A lofty ideal, Dad, but okay!

Truth be told, I didn't get that then, but I do now.
Especially as my children turn into adults.
And I hope I've made footprints worth following.

One of my favorite homemade Father's Day gifts came from
our son Jacob in 1998. It's a little tattered, because he was in preK back then, but none the worse for wear. And now that he's a college kid forging his way in the world, it takes on a whole new meaning.


Yep, I pray every day that my children will make
footprints worth following like their dad does.

An early happy Father's Day to all of the dads
who do the same 
as they walk alongside their children. 




No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!