Grateful For It All

Tonight I'm in awe.
Of the world around us.
Of birds.
And of Joshua, 
who makes friends so easily.


Of nature's eye candy 


and of heart-shaped cacti.


Of breathtaking blue skies.


Of my daughter and her positivity


and of my husband and his pioneer spirit.


Of the Texas Hill Country 


and of the handiwork of this German piece.


Of the big bass that took John's purple plastic worm 
and almost got away with it. 


Of the neighborhood deer who are almost like pets


and of my son Jacob, who loves to 
 forge ahead and blaze trails.


And I'm grateful for it all.




2 comments

  1. What a wonderful post. We have so much to be grateful for.
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. OhMyGolly!
    I LOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEE this!
    YOU are one my favorite blessings... Thank you for sharing your light with all of us...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!