It's Golden!

I've heard it said that Silence Is Golden, and look what happened while I was away, savoring the silence. I am walking on sunshine at how the amazingly talented Barb over at Ruby Slippers Designs upgraded our look at the Corner. It's called Glow Luxe and is one of her beautiful pre-mades. 
Would star struck adequately describe how I'm feeling?
Thank you, Barb, for your thoughtfulness, efficiency and hard work. 

Anyway, it's gotten me to thinking about all that is gold.

Here are my golden top ten:

10. The Golden Parachute. John tells me this one means 
a sweet retirement package. Sounds good to me!

9. John and I will celebrate our Golden Anniversary 
on my 80th birthday. Congrats to those who are already there.


8. California is the Golden State. (Hi Kim and Sylvia!)

7. Our theme this year is an Eagles' Golden Oldie.


6. A friend's word is as Good as Gold.
I appreciate trustworthiness in a friend.

5. My favorite dog breeds are Golden
Retrievers and Labs. (Hi Rhythm!)



4. Go for the gold. 
Oh, and there's no shame in silver, nothing bad about bronze, 
as long as you did your best.

3. All that glitters is not gold. 
Pyrite glitters, but it's fools' gold. 
Just be cautious; 
things are not always as they seem.

2. Think of your next challenge as a Golden Opportunity.


1. Always remember The Golden Rule
Treat others the way you want to be treated.

May your today feel like pure gold.






10 comments

  1. Barbara, I love your new golden blog design (and the Golden Rule is my favorite rule:)
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara,
    I love the new golden look :)
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new look is wonderful. Barb is so talented.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely shout-out, Barbara! I'm so happy you like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey back at you Ms Gruener! Nice, spiffy new look all ready for the new school year! And a nice post about all things golden. thanks for the smiley day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sunny and cheerful and wonderful!
    Sending love-filled hugs from "The Golden State."
    I'm savoring all this golden-ness...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new look! Sending you a warm smile from my home state to yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Checking in at The Corner is better than winning the golden ticket! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barb is amazing, isn't she! I love the new look and your golden list! How fun. :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your new golden look! How inviting and refreshing! ☺

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!