Hometown Heroes A Hit



Role models from Friendswood High School too numerous to count showed up bright and early yesterday to lead our Red Ribbon Week Character Pep Rally. The drum line and the pep band played for us, the cheerleaders led cheers for us, and the drill team danced for us. They all signed autographs and gave character high fives! They joined our character campaign by signing our pledge poster ...



... and they launched us into our day through their character victory tunnels. Several leaders took the mic to give us pep talks about making healthy choices; the quarterback of the football team encouraged us to promise to always use character as our super power, which led beautifully into a recitation of our 
Character Pledge for them:


What a way to start our day! 

Click {here} to see the AmAzInG moments that our character cam caught at this unforgettable annual event led by our esteemed
Hometown Heroes.

A few of our first graders from Carolyn Lowe's class shared these reflections (corrected for spelling but not content):

*Drug free is good to be! We had a pep rally to remind us to be drug free.  The cheerleaders came to do cheers. Their cheers remind me to be drug free. The Wranglerettes also came to remind us to be drug free. The cheerleaders and the Wranglerettes are my hometown heroes.
*Yesterday I remembered to be drug free. We saw cheerleaders. They cheered for a drug free day. I love the cheerleaders and I want to be a cheerleader when I grow up! And I want to be drug free!
*When we were at the pep rally, I got autographs from the cheerleaders. I was very very happy when I got their autograph too. They are cool because they are drug free.
*It is good to be drug free. Yesterday we had a pep rally. Our Hometown Heroes came. The band played songs. The band kids were cool. I will be drug free too. I want to be in a band. I want to be drug free.
*We want to be drug free. We had a pep rally. The cheerleaders came to remind us to be drug free. I don't want to drink drugs. The cheerleaders and the football players and the band members reminded me to be drug free.
*It is drug free week. Jordan Wood he is the best football player I know. Jordan Wood he is very great. Jordan Wood he is the best quarterback. He is number 8. He is drug free and I am drug free.
*I always want to be drug free. The school had a pep rally to remind us to be drug free. Cheerleaders came. A lot of Hometown Heroes came too. I love the band. The band played songs. The cheerleaders were very pretty. I remember to be drug free!!! I love the Hometown Heroes!
*I want to be drug free. We had a pep rally. It was fun. I really liked that football players. He was awesome. He taught me to be drug free.


2 comments

  1. I'm slightly jealous that your school has such a great connection with those older grades. What an impression they make on the little ones.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great story! i love to see stories of kids doing positive things. Your school is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!